Seven Daring Halloween Costumes
On Halloween, most of my friends dress up as vampires, witches, or main characters from recent superhero movies. I say “nuke to the no” for these boring choices. Give me a daring Halloween costume—disgusting, gross, or astro alien.
Here are my seven funtastic ideas for daring Halloween cloaks:
1. Ugly dog contest winner. Personally, I’d nominate the neighbor’s little, mangy mutt as a model.
2. Chewing gum stuck to the road. For extra laughs, I’ll add tire marks to show I’ve been run over by a car.
3. Dirty, stinky sock. I’ll look in my sister’s gym bag for inspiration. Ga-rooos!
4. Edgar from the Men in Black 1 movie. I’ll stuff my mouth and sleeves with bugs. Astro ga-rooos!
5. Cow with automatic milker that works on one side only. I’ll include a name tag, “Lopsided Lucy.”
6. Bermuda Triangle, with a plane that goes into me and then disappears.
7. The snake from Harry Potter movies. I’ll need to practice slithering and hissing first.
I dare you to join me on Halloween to go trick-or-treating in Virginia Beach dressed up in one of these outfits. Even if you take the easy road and wear a vampire cape or alien queen mask, stop at the Vanir house for dark chocolate goodies.
That’s my blog, and I’m sticking with it.
Aria Vanir, Earth Ambassador to the Gallions
Aria Vanir is the psychic tween protagonist in Jean Neff Guthrie’s young adult novel, “Mystical Aria: Seeking the Gallion Queen,” which hit Amazon #1 Best Seller in February 2016. Visit www.JeanNeffGuthrie.com for novel highlights and purchase. Click here for VIP Access to Aria, which includes two free chapters, character map, promotions, news, fun facts, and more.